ASE is dedicated to building community strength
and advocating for change on Chicago’s southeast side.
As a coalition of organizations and leaders, with a tiny staff and a committed group of volunteers, our strength comes entirely from our members. If you want to join this critical work – to make jobs not jails the pathway for our youth leaders; to make our schools and neighborhoods safer during an epidemic of gun violence; to fight for real economic justice with a true multicultural coalition — join ASE today!
Yes! I stand with ASE and Chicago’s southeast side!
Why become a member?
Build power and invest in a collective voice for Southeast Chicago!
- Participate in collective action to build community power & get to the table around an issue.
- Have a say in decisions affecting your family and community.
- Meet like-minded people and organizations who share a collective vision and aim to bring change to the southeast side.
- Access to resources, relationships and trainings; participate in collaborative organizing strategies, and opportunities to participate as a leader.
- Impact decision makers to discuss priorities and win real improvements in our neighborhoods.
Support our campaigns as an Individual or as an Organizational Member!
Individuals/Students: Concerned, active residents are key to making our campaigns successful. Receive updates on campaigns and opportunities to participate in upcoming events on campaigns you are interested in.
Organizational members: Our organizational members are the heart of ASE. These organizations help plan campaigns, actions, events, forming a powerful network of churches, businesses, schools, non-profits, and labor organizations. ASE partners help provide strategic input, share resources, and network with one another to set priorities and win real victories in southeast Chicago.