Job Openings (Updated 09-2021)
Vaccine Outreach Team Member
Reports to: Executive Director
JOB SUMMARY: ASE is seeking Vaccine Outreach Team Members to perform community outreach to and help plan & participate in vaccine events. We are looking for people committed to increasing vaccine access and ensuring southeast residents are informed and have access to Covid-19 vaccines on Chicago’s southeast side (in zip codes 60617 & 60633).
ASE has been working with community partners to increase vaccination rates Chicago southeast side. Both 60617 & 60633 have between 35-40% vaccinated. 60633 is the 2nd highest in unvaccinated people in Chicago. Zip code 60617 is in the top 10 zip codes for weekly case counts Covid-19 hospitalizations, and Covid-19 deaths.
- Perform community outreach, including door-to-door, meetings with partners (schools, churches, community meeting spaces), and outreach for/at events.
- Inform local residents about new Covid-variants, vaccines, and overcoming hesitancy. (Training and vaccine info. will be provided.)
- Participate in and help staff, at least 3 community vaccine events.
- May also help strategize on outreach plan/s, develop informational materials for community distribution, and work with local organizations to help with outreach efforts.
- Support other community vaccine events, when possible.
- Support ASE community efforts around social justice and racial equity, when possible.
- Other tasks and duties reasonably related to the job responsibilities.
- Prepare written materials as they pertain to the work
- HS Diploma or GED.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to build relationships with and engage a variety of community members.
- Willingness to perform outreach, both to individuals (including door-to-door) and to groups.
- Ability to maintain a positive and upbeat attitude when dealing with members of the community.
- Experience working with diverse populations, especially African Americans and Latinos.
- Strong problem-solving, decision-making, and organizational skills.
- Team player.
- Bilingual (English/ Spanish) desirable.
- A flexible schedule and ability to work evening and weekend hours, esp. to attend community events, as needed.
- Cell phone
- Automobile or means to travel to events, and participate in outreach efforts.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google Docs
This position is available immediately, and will be from hiring date through November 30, 2021.
Wages and benefits: Part-time- 20 hours per week, at $15/hour
How to apply: Please submit a cover letter and resume to Annamarie, at email@example.com, with “Vaccine Outreach Team Member” in the subject line of the email.
Alliance of the SouthEast (ASE) is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, age, nationality, sexual orientation, religion, disability or any other factor not specifically related to the ability to perform the job at hand.
ASE is looking for volunteers!
- Are you looking to get involved in the community or are you already involved in the community?
- Would you like to make a difference in the community?
- Do you need community service hours?
- Would you like to gain some work experience?
The Alliance of the SouthEast is looking for volunteers for neighborhood projects in South Chicago and the East Side. Volunteers should be passionate about working with other residents and institutions to make a difference in the community. We are looking for people who have good interpersonal skills and a positive attitude and spirit. We are looking for people who like working with diverse populations (African Americans and Latinos). We are also looking for volunteers to do some light office work and make phone calls 1-2 times per week. If you are looking to help longer term, we will try to match interests to one of our campaigns. Fluency in Spanish is not necessary, but preferred.
We are open to local residents looking to volunteer to fulfill service hours. Work may include: helping with an event, making phone calls, door knocking, updating databases. We will do our best to match interests.