(As of June 2017): CBA priorities/proposal summary general 06-2017 final
The Coalition for a South Works CBA wants the development of the U.S. Steel “South Works” Site (formerly known as “Lakeside Development”) to be successful. We define “success” as a development that:
- Employs a large number of local residents throughout the development process,
- Offers training to residents and partnerships with schools to ensure local residents qualify for jobs offered at the development including pre- and post- construction,
- Provides affordable housing that is available to current residents,
- Offers tax relief to long-term residents to avoid displacement and gentrification, and
- Is environmentally sustainable and healthy for the existing community as well as the community within the development,
- Establishes a robust technology infrastructure for the existing communities, as well as the development.
Click on the attachments below to read the summary and the previous proposed draft CBA:
CBA priorities/proposal summary general 06-2017 final
Previous Draft of Proposed CBA Language (as of 07-15-14)
Please support our efforts to get a CBA that will benefit our community by providing your feedback below.
*** For more information about the Coalition and the South Works Development, go to: www.asechicago.org/southworks
Great start. Keep up the good work.